Company 'Quit Smoking' Days
We have put together a stop smoking business discount package so that you as a business can save costs by helping your employees increase their productivity, better their health, and reduce their sick days.
All employers registered with us enable their employees to benefit from a 10% discount on all treatments at our clinic. Registration is free, just download our poster to put on your intranet or in your staff room and call or email us at email@example.com to activate your account.
Smoking in the workplace not only harms the person and surrounding people but the costs of smoking can have a significant impact on your business.
- Smoking accounts for about 35 million lost working days in the UK every year
- Smoking can cause reduced productivity due to smoking breaks
- Smokers take an average of 25% more sick days than non-smokers
- A recent study estimated the costs per smoker to be around £995 per year
- Employers pay increased fire insurance premiums and life assurance premiums because of employees that smoke
- Smokers are more likely to take early retirement due to poor health
- Smokers incur additional costs for their employers, for the maintenance and upkeep of smoking areas
Smoking can have a disruptive influence on staff morale and harmony. Non smokers often resent the extra breaks that smokers get and find the smell of cigarettes unpleasant.
Most smokers do want to give up but find it too difficult to beat the cravings.
Smoking is still the largest preventable cause of death and disability in Britain today. Every year, smoking results in more than 114,000 deaths in those aged over 35. Two in ten deaths at all ages, and more than a quarter of deaths in those between the ages of 35 and 65, are also directly attributable to smoking.
From Summer 2007 smoking will be prohibited in the workplace in the UK.
An employer has a duty to protect employees from tobacco smoke - but imposing an immediate and pervasive smoking ban may create new problems and does not address the very real difficulties that may be faced by smokers. Smoking behaviour is rooted in a powerfully physically addictive substance – nicotine - and employers should recognise that employees may need help.
If you are an employee and would like to put your company forward for registration with us just let us know and we will contact them.